Inter Library Request Form : Copyright Declaration
UK copyright guidelines state that you may receive copies of:
- one chapter or 5% of a book, whichever is greater
- one article from an issue of a journal
If you require more than the prescribed limit you should ask to borrow the item instead. Copyright law still applies, so you will not be able to make copies yourself over the amount shown above.
When placing a request you must agree to the following conditions:
- I hereby request you to supply me with a copy of the item specified which I require for the purposes of of research for a non-commerical purpose or private study.
- I have not previously been supplied with a copy of the same material by you or by any other librarian.
- I will not use the copy except for private study or research for a non-commercial purpose and will not supply it to any other person.
- To the best of my knowledge, no other person with whom I work or study has made, or intends to make at about the same time as this request, a request for substantially the same purposes.
- I understand that if this declaration is false in any material particular the copy supplied to me by you will be an infringing copy and that I shall be liable for infringement of copyright as if I had made it myself.
- I will retain only a single paper copy and will destroy any electronic copies after printing.